The West High Alumni Association (WHAA) is now accepting nominations for the 2020 West High Alumni Awards.
Individuals may submit a nomination at westalumni.org/awards-and-scholarships/awards/. The deadline to submit a nomination is Tuesday, Mar. 31.
Established in 1993, the West High Alumni Awards honor alumni and individuals in the community for their outstanding contributions to their professional fields, dedication to volunteer endeavors and for their ongoing support of West High School. The awards celebrate those who have made an impact across their careers and highlight accomplishments of West High alumni who have made an impact in their community and beyond.
A panel of West High alumni will review the nominations prior to final selection by the West High Alumni Association Board of Directors. Following the final selection of the awardees, the WHAA will present the awards during Homecoming Week, which will take place in Fall 2020. Winners will also be featured in the Panther Prints, the annual WHAA publication.
Categories in which nominations are welcome include:
- Alumni of the Year: The Alumni of the Year Award is given annually to an alum who has made exceptional contributions in their professional fields, civic service or service in the advancement of the West High community.
- Panther in the Community: This award is given annually to an alum who has established a sustained pattern of service/volunteerism in public, nonprofit, education, arts, social justice or similar sectors.
- Honorary Alumni: This award is presented to an individual who did not attend or graduate West High School, but who has provided exceptional service to West High School or the West High community.
- Young Alumni Award: The Young Alumni Award is presented annually to an alumn who is 30 years of age or younger and has already shown a commitment to making an impact in their community or professional field.
- Athletics Hall of Fame: The Athletics Hall of Fame Award is presented annually to an alumn who has made an outstanding contribution as an athlete while a student at West High School or has made an exceptional accomplishment in collegiate, professional or other athletics since high school graduation.
Nominees should have demonstrated significant impact based on the individual award criteria, which is available at westalumni.org/awards-and-scholarships/awards/.
Nominations may be submitted online, emailed to mailto:email@example.com, or mailed to:
West High Alumni Association, attn. Alumni Award
241 N. 300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Questions may be directed to WHAA Communications Chair Kelsey Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801.718.6095.