WHAA Graduating Senior Scholarships
Each year, the West High Alumni Association aims to help graduating West High seniors pursue their higher education goals.
The number of scholarships awarded each year varies but are awarded to deserving West High seniors committed to pursuing a college education and demonstrate financial need.
The application period for the Class of 2021 is now open. The deadline to apply has been extended to Monday, March 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
Questions? If you have any questions, please contact WHAA Scholarships Chair James Lunn at email@example.com.
Minimum Eligibility, and Requirements
- Be an incoming college freshman for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate a commitment to pursuing a college education
- Not be a current recipient of a scholarship award(s) totaling $4,000
- Academic performance, other scholarships, community service and, other factors may also be considered in the selection process
- Agree to join the WHAA Mentorship Program
- Agree to provide follow-up information, such as grades or credit hours, regarding the recipient’s college experience to WHAA (for informational purposes only) Application Requirements
- Complete the online scholarship application by March 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m.
- Answer the following short answer questions:
- Please explain your need for financial assistance (250 words)
- Tell us about your family. (250 words)
- What are your academic and career goals? Have you decided on a major? If yes, provide details. (250 words)
- Do you plan to become involved in extracurricular activities in college? If yes, provide details. (250 words)
- Is there anything else we should know about you? (500 words)